Versailles fire

By JEFFREY BISHKU-AYKUL
Assistant to the Editor

The Chicago Fire Department (CFD) responded to smoke coming from a mechanical room at the Versailles Apartments, 5254 S. Dorchester Ave., on the morning of Thursday, March 27.

“It was just an overheated motor, there was no injuries, they had one line let off to cool off the motor,” said Chicago Fire Department spokesman Kevin MacGregor.

The incident was under control by 9:34 a.m., according to the CFD’s Twitter feed, @CFDMedia.

j.bishku@hpherald.com