HERALD STAFF REPORT
The RBC Race for the Kids benefiting patients at the Comer Children’s Hospital will affect road closures from 8:15 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. on Sunday, Oct. 14, starting on the University of Chicago Main Quad and continuing on surrounding streets:
● Cottage Grove Avenue from 59th Street to the Midway Plaisance North
● Woodlawn Avenue from 58th to 59th streets
● Lake Park Avenue from 56th to 57th streets
● Stony Island Avenue from the Midway Plaisance to 56th Street
● 56th Street from Stony Island to Lake Park avenues
● 57th Streets from Harper Avenue to the Main Quad
● 58th Street from the Main Quad to Woodlawn Avenue
● 59th Street from Woodlawn to Cottage Grove avenues
● The Midway Plaisance North from Cottage Grove to Stony Island avenues
The westbound Midway will open between 9:30 a.m. and 9:45 a.m., the closed sections of Stony Island and Lake Park avenues and 56th Street will open between 9:45 a.m. and 10 a.m. and 57th Street will reopen no later than 10:30 a.m.
The organizers thank the public for their cooperation. To register for the event, visit www.race.uchicagokidshospital.org.